Dreaming of selling a Journal on Amazon at your demanded price but confused about how to do so? Well, let us handle that! Being the Amazon Journal writing pioneers in town, we are experts at delivering the best quality Amazon Journal that can get you the bids you desire. In this guide, we will try our best to explain each step of How to create a Journal to sell on Amazon.
Quick steps on How to create & sell a journal on Amazon KDP
Though making a journal is a puzzle and consumes a good amount of time, you can make this process easy for yourself by breaking the entire procedure down into small tasks. Here are the steps that you can follow to make it seamless:
Let’s start making money with Amazon Journals now! Follow the steps below:
Shortlist The Types Of Journal Genre You Wish To Create
First things first, come up with the Journal genre that you want to sell on Amazon KDP. Protect yourself from getting bombarded with millions of genre types. There is so much going on around if you are following the latest. The best option is to opt for a genre that suits your interest the most. Here are some that we suggest to our readers:
|Activity Books||Composition Books|
|Puzzle Books||Work Books|
|Log Books||Guest Books|
You might be wondering why we are listing low-content books; well, here’s the catch. Low-content books do much better on Amazon KDP as compared to others. And this is just the beginning. Once you start brainstorming, you’ll get many more ideas about how to create journals to sell on Amazon.
Choose a Target Audience for Selling Journals on Amazon KDP.
Your selection of niche can easily tell who your target audience is. So it’s better to put lots of effort into deciding your niche or domain. This might take you some time, but remember, niche selection can greatly impact your journal’s presence on Amazon.
There are just two rules — what your journal is about and whom you want to connect with it.
If you are a person with multiple hobbies, you might get confused. However, if you know what your audience will prefer, you can smarty decipher the code. Put your hobbies to work and start asking around; maybe conduct a little survey.
And when you are done choosing the right niche and audience, it’s time to dig a little deeper into your choice. Check out trends, search keywords, and see what’s going on in the world and what’s ranking currently. This will help you create a journal to sell.
Suggested Read: How to Write a Book About Your Life
Which Tools Will You Need To Create Journals To Sell On Amazon
You can use PowerPoint and Microsoft Word to create a blank-line notebook or even a Google Doc for this purpose as well. But we suggest using Google Doc since your work will be saved online, protecting you from losing any of it.
Moreover, you may require Adobe Acrobat PDF to convert your files from PDF to PowerPoint. Now that you are fully equipped, we should start our guide, shall we?
Blank Lined Journal in Microsoft Word
- First, open the Microsoft Word app and open a blank doc.
- You will find an insert tab above the doc; click on it and set your margins to 0.5 all around.
- Then, right-click the shapes drop-down and choose the line shape.
- With the pointer positioned on the left, depress the Shift key, click, and draw a line from left to right. Pressing and holding the Shift key guarantees a straight line. To complete drawing your line, release the Shift key and your mouse.
- In order to readjust the line’s length, tap on it so it’s highlighted. Now go to the format tab and adjust the width by clicking on the size box or adding a customized size.
- If you need to center your line, choose the same ribbon, tap the align drop-down, and choose the align center option.
- After formatting your line perfectly, it’s time to start working on the rest.
- Highlight your line by clicking on it and right-click or press Ctrl+C to copy.
- The next step is to paste simply by right-clicking or Ctrl+V.
- Repeat the process and insert as many lines as you want in your journal.
- Hold down the shift key by clicking on each line to highlight.
- Now, change the alignment by tapping the format tab and choosing align left.
- To move your bottom line to the bottom of your page, over the bottom margin, click on it.
- Click the align settings drop-down arrow once more, and select “Distribute Vertically” this time.
- Until you reach the appropriate number of journal pages, duplicate your journal page.
- That is all! Keep your document in PDF format.
Suggested Read: How To Write a Book Without Typing
Blank Lined Journal Page in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Open PowerPoint and choose a blank layout
- Tap on the design tab
- By clicking on page setup, you can set the size of your page according to your choice. The most used sizes are 8×10 and 8.5×11.
- Embed fonts. File > PowerPoint Options > Save > Embed Fonts > OK.
- Now, for the margins, click the main slide with a right-click, choose “Grid and Guides,” and then pick “Display drawing guides on screen.”
- When you get your guides, use them as your margin.
- Tap on the insert tab and click on the shapes drop-down in order to select the line shape.
- Draw a line from left to right by holding down a shift key.
- For line adjustment, we’ll do the same as we did in Word. Highlight the line so it opens up the format option.
- By tapping on the format tab, you can adjust your line’s width. Either choose the given option or insert your desired size.
- On the same tab, you’ll get the option to set alignments; click on the drop-down and choose the align center option.
- Highlight your line by clicking on it.
- Copy it with the right-click or press Ctrl+C
- Start pasting by pressing Ctrl+V or with the help of right-click
- Repeat the process until you get the desired number of lines.
- Click and drag the mouse across the doc to select and highlight all the lines at once.
- Go to the format tab and change the alignment to the left
- Move the bottom line to the bottom of your page
- Again, open the align setting and choose “Distribute Vertically.”
- You can change the color of lines at this point.
- Now, start duplicating journal pages as much as you want
- Voila! Your manuscript is ready. Save it by File > Save As > PDF.
Create a Cover for Your Journal
Attractive, meaningful, and appealing – if your cover does not look anything like that, your Journal goes wasted. In this section, we’ll guide you on how you can come up with great book covers for Amazon KDP.
In accordance with Amazon’s rules, you must also use slides and photos that print at 300 ppi. Although the most recent version of PowerPoint allows you to set this up.
Create A Journal To Sell By Utilizing Interesting Resources For Covers!
You can either get creative or choose a simple cover depending on the genre you chose for your journal. Choose Google Fonts, Images, Text Graphics, and Decorative Fonts for interesting and complex cover designs. And if you don’t have access to any of that, you can simply utilize Photoshop, Canva, or PicMonkey.
Here’s How You Can Create A Simple Cover Using PowerPoint.
- Before you start working on your covers using PP, don’t forget to include your journal’s title. It can be anything from a quote to just a generic name like a notebook or journal.
- Download your journal cover templates beforehand, just like deciding the size of your notebook and how many pages you want.
- Use Acrobat PRO or SmallPDF to convert your covers.
- Now open your converted cover in PP and utilize drawing guides.
- Set off margins and the area that the ISBN or barcode for your journal will occupy using drawing guides.
Note: If you want your cover to be at the back of your journal, use KDP cover creator.
How To Sell Journals On Amazon?
Phew! That was pretty time-consuming. But trust us, the harder part comes here. Selling and negotiating is never an easy task, specifically when it comes to books. We’ve gone through the process with different clients, hence we know the tips and tricks on how you can do this easily. Follow these steps to sell your journal on Amazon KDP in just a few days.
- Start from singing into KDP.
- Here, you can see an arrow; this arrow indicates where you should insert details of your journal. (everything from size to pages and to color will be added here.)
- Don’t forget to save your interior and cover as a PDF beforehand so that it can be uploaded to KDP without any delay.
- In order to make a low-content book, click on paperback while logging into your KDP account.
- It will open a section for further details about your journal, such as the journal’s title, subtitle, series, and edition info, your author/business name or pseudonym, and description, and select your publishing rights.
- After that, you are required to choose your categories and add keywords, and then click on save and continue.
- The next page will allow you to complete the details of your journal and receive a free ISBN.
- From choosing your paper type to publishing and uploading your journal to KDP, save everything. It might take 30 minutes to generate its preview.
- Now that the preview has been generated, click to save and continue.
- This is where you choose your distribution. Be sure to select “Expanded Distribution” so that other retailers, such as bookstores, can pick up your journal.
- The next step is to fix your price range. Look at other journals that are comparable to yours to get a range of prices, then select the one you think will work best.
- Now is the time to finally publish and submit your journal for review.
Benefits Of Selling Journals On Amazon KDP
Here’s a list of benefits you’ll get by selling Journals on Amazon KDP:
- Wide clientele
- High demand, minimal costs
- Be in the market without Being in the market
- Less than five minutes
- Easy money
- The Control is in your hands
- Free of cost Digital and Print Publishing
- Internal marketing resources
- Prospects for semi-retirement
It’s nothing but profitable to the world on one of the greatest marketplaces online. It has a good amount of customers, and that’s the very reason why you should create journals to sell on Amazon.
High demand, minimal costs
The great thing about notebooks and journals is that it’s ever-green. Journals can never go out of fashion and will always be in demand among people of all ages. And that is what makes it a good product you must create and sell on Amazon.
Be in the market without being in the market
There is no need for a physical shop or room for inventory storage when selling journals on Amazon. By storing your inventory at Amazon’s fulfillment centers, you can drastically cut expenditures on overhead by having them take care of the shipping, packaging, and customer support.
Less than five minutes
The great thing about selling journals on Amazon is that it takes not more than 5 minutes to get published. But bear in mind that everything should have to be decided prior to filling out the form (as we have already mentioned.) You can check it yourself; not only does it take a small amount of time to publish, but you can expect it to start appearing worldwide in Kindle stores in two days.
Not that easy, though, but do you know that with the help of Amazon KDP, you can make up to 70% of revenue? Interesting, isn’t it? And this sale massively comes from different countries such as Italy, Canada, Germany, Japan, US, Australia, etcetera.
The control is in your hands!
Since the journal is considered to be a part of a low-content book, you may self-publish ebooks and paperbacks with Amazon KDP for free and reach millions of potential customers who are ready to buy based on their interests or needs.
It helps you keep the control in your hands, and by control, we mean the copyrights of your journals. You can set your pricing and can make changes in any type of product information anytime throughout the process.
Free of cost Digital and Print Publishing
If you think or have heard from anyone that you are entitled to pay anyone money for all the publishing through Amazon KDP, then that’s not true. You can publish journals, eBooks, paperbacks, and even emagazines free of cost.
We understand that you don’t understand much about it right now, but once you start doing it, it will all make sense. You will gradually learn about the client’s needs and behavior.
Internal marketing resources
Utilize Amazon’s built-in marketing tools, such as promotions and targeted advertising campaigns, to expand your audience and increase sales.
Prospects for semi-retirement
You don’t need to actively market or sell your journals to generate passive money once they are placed on Amazon. This is particularly true if your designs are distinctive and eye-catching enough for buyers to look for them on their own.
Choosing An Advantageous Domain On Amazon
Although you can sell anything on Amazon, we always tell people to choose a niche that can generate a good amount of revenue. Creating journals is interesting, and if you do it right, you can make a lot of money out of it. But the question is how?
Well, the first and foremost thing is to understand your expertise and know your ground. Even if you have no interest in the field, your ultimate goal should have to be to sell as much as you can. Selecting a niche within the niche can be a little overwhelming. Say you want to create notebooks, but you don’t know what type of notebook people would like to prefer, right?
Now, as we have stated before, there is no hard and fast rule to it. A simple but thorough research can give you answers. Remember one thing: you don’t have to have an interest in that particular niche that makes money. Your research will tell you about the client’s behavior toward new trends. Also, you have to keep an eye on our competitors’ work because it’s better to stay a step ahead of them.
You can use Google for your research; however, we’d suggest Etsy and Amazon to get an insight into the customer-centric approach and what niche is most profitable currently. Here, you can find out more about different categories, designs, and patterns for your journal.
Click on the bottom right corner, “Sort by.” and change your preference to “Top Customer Reviews.”
There are so many options to choose from, but you must make sure that it includes minimal cost. And if you are conducting your research on Amazon, it might look like this;
Always customize your research according to what people are looking for and what they will buy, most probably.
The more time you invest in gathering information about different niches, the more chances you get to create a better marketplace on Amazon KDP.
Even if you have shortlisted more than three niches, try them all to see which one is getting the sale. This will help you to focus on one particular domain at a time.
We would like to consider one thing here: many people back off at the last moment due to demotivation. And this is something you better not do. Always be up for experiments, no matter how many times you get failed. Learn to “learn from your mistakes.”
Tips To Sell Journals On Amazon
- It’s always good to take your time no matter what you are doing. This time can be utilized to research your ideas, niche, and keywords that can directly impact your profit.
- Even if you choose to “unpublish” your journal, the page remains online indefinitely once it is published.
- Avoid spam! Although Amazon has procedures in place to stop this, it’s always a good idea to keep your nose clean. Observe the guidelines and do excellent work.
- Before you publish a series or different versions of the same journal, consider testing out a niche.
- Enter the exact title that appears on your journal cover in KDP. Amazon is really particular about this. Use Cover Creator to add your title to the spine if you want to avoid having cover text.
- Utilise premium templates and make personalized edits to save a tonne of time.
Where Can You Sell Journals Other Than Amazon?
A wide range of people prefer to sell journals on Amazon since it’s popular—but if you think you need other options just in case, then we will provide you with that as well.
Keep in mind that generating sales is easier through Amazon Kindle, so it’s better to build your brand on it. Once you are done creating a strong name, you must expand your business to different platforms, such as:
We created this precise yet brief guide in the hope of teaching you the most complex but basic piece of knowledge. You can create journals to sell on Amazon just like this without any professional assistance. It might take some time to get established, but once it’s done, you can reap the benefits for a long time. This guide doesn’t only teach you how to create but also how to publish it on KDP. We hope this answers all your questions!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Sell Journals On Amazon?
Yes, you can sell journals on Amazon. Many individuals and businesses list journals for sale on Amazon’s marketplace.
How Do I Make a Journal To Sell?
To make a journal to sell, you can design the interior pages and cover, then publish it through Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) platform. You can either create physical or digital journals, and KDP provides tools to format and publish them.
What Is A KDP Journal?
A KDP journal is a journal created and published through Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing service. KDP allows authors and creators to self-publish their content, including journals, as both print and Kindle eBooks.
Is Amazon KDP Free?
Amazon KDP is free to use. You can publish your journals on the platform without any upfront costs. You earn royalties from the sales of your journals, and Amazon deducts its fees from those earnings.